Friday, August 10, 2012

RamaayaN by Valmiki -21 Sita ! You are free to go anywhere from my side


RamaayaN by valmiki 21

MadanMohan Tarun

‘Sita! you are free to go anywhere from my side’


Sita covered the shortest distance between herself and Ram heavy heartedly and with many questions and doubts in her mind. She was not comfortable at heart ,feeling there was something wrong around her. Days have passed after the war was over and Ravan was killed …but she has not seen her husband even once till now… She was being taken by Vibhishan to her husband now…

When she reached to Ram, she kept on watching his face which she was missing for months...she could not believe that she was standing before her husband…it gave her boundless satisfaction and filled her with immense joy… she felt released of all her mental fatigues and the trauma she was passing through …
But this feeling did not continue longer. What of welcoming her, Ram did not care her presence before him at all. He, rather, gave a nasty and sore look at her and spoke harshly –
‘O Sita, you stand here before me as I have won you back from my enemy after defeating him on the field of battle. I have regained the prestige of Raghu- linage which was wiped out all at once by your abduction. I have killed Ravan who dared to do so and I have proved my manliness. A man who does not take avenge of his insult is worthless. Crossing the ocean by celebrated Hanuman and causing unimaginable devastation to Lanka alone has borne fruit today. The exertion of Sugreeva and his mighty and dedicated army has got its great result. Exertion of Vibhishan, younger brother of Ravan, who left him and joined me for the sake of supporting a great and genuine cause, has proved worthy of his exemplary character.’
‘I have done what a man revenging an insult should have done. I have redeemed my honor.’
Words of Ram went harsher and harsher to Sita without paying any attention to her – ‘let it be known to you that this war was not taken by me for your sake. It was done by me to clear my good name which was vindicated and the stigma attached to my illustrious parentage, belong to. I am now a free soul from all these charges.’
‘No man born in a noble family will accept a woman like you who has stayed in the house of a notorious man like Ravan. He carried you away from Panchvati in his lap. I cannot believe that he has spared you clean. I cannot touch a body which is already enjoyed by someone else other than me.’
‘O DAUGHTER OF JANAK! I CANNOT ACCEPT YOU BACK AS MY WIFE. YOUR CHARACTER IS NOT OUT OF SUSPICIAN. YOU ARE FREE ROM MY SIDE TO GO ANY WHERE, BE IT EAST ,WEST, NORTH OR SOUTH. IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE FOR ME….’
He waited a while and spoke-‘If you wish, you can take protection of Laxman or Bharat or Shatrughna or even Vibhishan for the rest of your life, if they allow you to do so.’

Sita was kept on standing stunned all the time. Her eyes remained wide open like a female dear which was pierced by sharp arrows when she was thinking herself protected from all sides. Every word pierced into her heart which was mercilessly released by Ram. She was crying from within but no words were coming out from her mouth. Her eyes were flowing tears continuously. Sita was standing shaken among crores of monkeys and bears having nothing to cover her shame…


                      ( Inspired by Valmiki

No comments:

Post a Comment