Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Prahlaad : A Genuine Rebel


Prahlaad, A Genuine Rebel

MadanMohan Tarun

As a son or daughter of anybody, I was not given a choice to choose my parents.
If I am born in a particular family, which follows a particular faith or religion or a way of life, cannot be a compulsion for me also, only by virtue of being a son or daughter of anybody of that family, to follow the same way of life what they do.
I, as an in-dividual, must be free to follow my own mind as my own way of life.
If traditions don’t satisfy me , if  I feel  suffocated ; if I feel deprived from the open sky to fly freely; if I feel far from my own self, I think, I should have every right either to choose path of my own choice or  to create  the new one .
Hiranyakashaypu imposed himself as the only god to be followed by everybody in his territory. Nobody was allowed to think or behave freely against his choice. He made it sure that only his image is worshiped in all temples. He killed them all who dared to oppose him.
But Prahlaad, his son, chose to follow Vishnu, rejecting his father Hiranyakashyapu as a god. He was not ready to accept someone as god, who was so cruel and whimsical in his approach to administration as a king.
Hirayakashyapu made life of Prahlaad impossible. He had to walk on the paths of fire, but he never compromised and finally won his way of life and ended the rule of imposition of physical whims on freedom of mind and its application.

No comments:

Post a Comment