Lord Shiva, the craziest among Hindu Gods
Lord shiva is known by many names among his devotees. Shankar, Pashupati, vasukinath, gangadhar, Maheshwar, Chandrashekhar, Bhootesh, Gireesh, Pinaaki, Pramathadhip, Shrikanthha, Ugra, Mahaadev, Viroopakshha, Trilochan, Dhurjati, Smarhar, Rudra, Vyomkesh, Umapati and many other names , as a whole 48 names. Apart from these he is known among his devotees as Bholenath also.
1.He is extremely eccentric in his way of life.
2. He is the only God who is popular among Sur and ASUR both.
3.He lives on Kailash with his wife Parvati.
4. He is Ardha nareeshwar, half man ,half women.
5. He is the only god who is worshiped in his Linga [Male genital ] form.
6. He rides on ox , known as Nandi.
7. He applies ashes of crematory ground on his whole body.
8. Ghosts [Bhoots] are very close to him.
9.He enjoys Bhanga and dhatoora [hemp and thorn apple]
10. He is pleased with beil -patra. [leafs of wood- apple]
11. He wears vasuki naag, the snake who carries this brahmaand on its thousand hoods
12.He carries Ganga under his huge logy hairs
13. He uses Trishool as his weapon.
14. He uses damroo as his musical instrument.
15. He is a great dancer but if angry his TAANDAVA dance can create mahaa vinaash, great destruction, which can be unmanageable. It makes whole earth tremble, mountains fall down, trees de rooted, heavily flooded rivers sweep down everything whatever comes on their way.
Waves of oceans start touching the sky , clouds with endless lightning start roaring in the sound of thousands and thousands of angry loins.
16. He, as a saver of all living beings drank KAALKUT poison which came out while the ocean was being churned. He stopped its flow near his neck which made his neck blue.
17. He is a great husband of his wife. When Sati burnt herself in the ygya –fire at her father’s place , finding her husband Shiva not invited, lord shiva became a destroyer Rudra and destroyed complete ygya of Dakshha and kept moving in whole brahmand carrying the dead body of his wife for long – long time . Finally lord Vishnu cut the dead body of Sati into pieces to release Shiva from his engulfing attachment for his wife.
18.He can give any boon to his devotee caring nothing for its repercussions. He gave boon to his devotee Bhashmasur that the fellow on whose head he will place his palm, will turn into ashes immediately. Bhashmaasur wanted to examine the genuineness of this boon by keeping his palm on lord shiva’s head itself. Shiva had to flee here and there to save himself. Finally lord Vishnu saved him by playing a trick on Mahishaasur .
19 He is most popular god among Hindus.
20. He is a creator and destroyer both.